Synthesis of Geospatial Database and Interdisciplinary to Achieve NSDS for Downtown Alexandria, Egypt Vision 2030
- 1Inst. of Disaster Mitigation of Urban Cultural Heritage (DMUCH)-Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- 2Geodesign Hub
- 3National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics (NRIAG), Egypt
- 4Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, Egypt
- 5National Authority of Remote Sensing and Space Sciences (NARSS), Egypt
- 6National Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries (NIOF), Egypt
- 7Egyptian Company for Space Applications & Remote Sensing (ECSARS)
Keywords: Geospatial database, Alexandria, NSDS Egypt 2030, GIS, GPR
Abstract. Natural hazard and over than 2300 of human activities impacted on Alexandria, causing a deep topographic and urban transformation. In integration with cosmopolitanism, the cultural heritage diversity of Alexandria has been generated that is still surviving although hectic development of its contemporary potentiality, basically as the main harbour of Egypt, tourism, commercial and industrial activities.
Team of DMUCH- Ritsumeikan University has constructed geospatial database of Alexandria using historic map and satellite imagery in integration with interdisciplinary basically, remote sensing and geophysics, aiming to figure out the historical context of the land use and urban evolution of the city, so far. Meanwhile, geodesign approach was adopted to innovate a change model. So, the adopted synthetic approach supports stakeholders and decision makers to outline action plans to achieve SDGs for Downtown Alexandria within NSDS, Egypt vision 2030.